The NSSO study, “Space-Based Solar Power as an Opportunity for Strategic Security” recommends “that the U.S. Government should organize effectively to allow for the development of SBSP…”. Read the report for yourself and use the references and resources listed below to learn more about this game-changing technology. Starting with the links on the Learn More page, use the power of the Internet to do your own research.
If you reach the conclusion that Space-Based Solar Power has the potential to make a difference for future generations, do something about it. Inform others about SBSP and ask them to get involved, too. The leaders in both government and industry need to be guided to the same conclusion because they are in positions to take action and make things happen on the national scale that is required to bring SBSP into being.
Tell your neighbor. Phone a friend. Write your congressmen. Alert the media. Put a sign in your yard. E-mail an associate. Make a flyer. Text your child. Speak to your organization. Instant message a co-worker. Post a blog entry or comment on one. Produce a video. Call a radio talk show.
Listed below are some specific suggestions and links for getting the word out on SBSP. Ultimately, the passion for SBSP must be ignited in the decision-makers of government and industry.
If you have additional ideas on how to get the SBSP word out or you think of more people or organizations to contact, please share them using the Get the Word Out Comment Form at the bottom of this page. Also, if you initiate a contact or receive a response you would like to share, C-SBSP would love to hear from you!
Make SBSP part of the convesation with the people closest to you. Ask them to learn more and to help get the word out, too. Send a hand written letter or an e-mail. Add a link to a SBSP website (like C-SBSP) to your e-mail signature, to your website or blogroll.
Contact your local newspaper or a nationally syndicated one, or several of them, and ask them to publish information about SBSP. Write a Letter to the Editor, submit an opinion piece for the Opinion Editorial column or contact a publisher or columnist directly. Many major newspapers accept submissions and comments electronically. Explore the sections on the economy, the environment, national security and science and technology.
- Links to U.S. Newspapers from infoUSA
- List of newspapers in the U.S. from Wikipedia
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting (FAIR) Media Contact List
Contact your favorite local TV or radio station or a nationally syndicated one, or several of them, and ask them to talk about SBSP on the air. Call in to one of the many radio talk shows and discuss SBSP with the host of the show. Have the main points you want to make ready.Also, suggest or request the production of a special on SBSP for broadcast and re-broadcast. An hour long SBSP special aired on a major national station would reach millions of people.
- Links to U.S. Broadcast Media from infoUSA
- List of U.S. cable and satellite TV networks from Wikipedia
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting (FAIR) Media Contact List
- ABC News – website / contact
- CBS News – website / contact
- CNN – website / contact
- Fox News – website / contact
- The Big Story with John Gibson – contact
- Fox Report with Shepard Smith – contact
- Fox News Specials – contact
- Geraldo at Large – contact
- Hannity & Colmes – contact
- On the Record with Greta Van Susteren – contact
- The O’Reilly Factor – contact
- Special Report with Brit Hume – contact
- Studio B with Shepard Smith – contact
- Your World with Neil Cavuto – contact
- NBC News – website / contact
- Virgin Companies – Sir Richard Branson – website
- Virgin Galactic – website / contact
- Virgin Green Fund – website / contact
- Virgin Unite – website / contact
United States Government – Local, State and Federal
Following are selected officers, committees and agencies at the federal level of the U. S. Government that can and should be contacted about the need for a robust Space-Based Solar Power program. Because SBSP will have far-reaching energy independence, economic and national security impacts, there are many more officers, committees and agencies that can and shoud also be contacted. The Whitehouse, Senate, House of Representatives and Contact Your Government websites are excellent starting points to find and contact each of them not listed below.
Local, State and Federal Government Contact Information
- Contact Your Government – website
- Contact Your State Governor – website
- Find and contact your federal, state and local officials – website
- President George Bush – website / contact
- Vice President Dick Cheney – website / contact
- President-Elect Barack Obama – website / contact
- Secretary of State Condoleeza Rice – website / contact
- Secretary of Energy Samuel Bodman – website / contact
- Secretary of Defense Robert Gates – website / contact
- Secretary of Homeland Security Michael Chertoff – website / contact
Cabinet Rank Members
- Environmental Protection Agency Administrator Stephen L. Johnson – website / contact
- Director of the Office of Management and Budget Jim Nussle – website / contact
- U.S. Senate – website
(Search for individual Senators to find contact information.)
- Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid – website / contact
- Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell – website / contact
- Senate Committee on Energy & Natural Resources – website / contact
U.S. House of Representatives
- U.S. House of Representatives – website
(Search for individual Representatives to find contact information.)
- Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi – website / contact
- House Majority Leader Steny Hoyer – website / contact
- House Republican Leader John Boehner – website / contact
- House Committee on Energy & Commerce – website / contact
- House Committee on Science & Techology – website / contact
United States Government Agencies
If you have additional ideas on how to get the SBSP word out or you think of more people or organizations to contact, please share them using the Get the Word Out Comment Form below. Also, if you initiate a contact or receive a response you would like to share, C-SBSP would love to hear from you!